I hope everyone is enjoying the new design! It has taken several months in planning and development – and we’re really proud of the new look and functionality.
Here’s a brief rundown of some of the features:
• Bold new graphics: This goes without saying, I think – but with the ability to scroll, we can keep the latest 100 features at your fingertips! Plus, I’m trying to move away from the generic “drummer” graphics that you see on most sites – hopefully you’ll see something that’ll peak your interest!
• Sort by genre: Whether you’re into drumset, marching or concert (or all 3), click on the links below the scroller to quickly find what you’re looking for.
• RSS feeds: Want to be notified when new features are posted on vicfirth.com? Want to subscribe to your favorite authors? Now you can!
• The Exchange: If you’re reading this, you’re already in Vic’s new EXCHANGE! Rather than a random discussion board, the Exchange is a “blog” where discussions are lead by Vic Firth artists and Educators. We invite you to participate! A discussion is only great if lots of people take part.
• Twitter: If you’re into twitter, subscribe to VF to find out the latest on web features, artist happenings and product announcements.
• Easy access to popular links and lastest features from anywhere on the site – use the link bar at the bottom of any page.
• “Welcome to the Family”: Find out about the latest artists and educators who have joined the VF family!
• View weekly podcast videos with 1 easy click.
There’s really too much to list… And too many things that we want to continue to add to improve your surfing experience!
If you have any comments or suggestions on ways that we could improve the new design, here’s your opportunity!
Let’s hear what YOU have to say!